Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Book # 11: Cranford

by Elizabeth Gaskell

My ibook app on my iphone is revolutionizing my reading.  I received a Nook for Christmas, but kindly returned it as I didn't really want to spend that much money on something I could technically access on my iphone.  That was the motivator though to have me download some reading apps.  All of the Elizabeth Gaskell books are free on these apps, so expect more of them and the other classics. 

This book was frankly boring!  It's written in first person by someone decribing the town of Cranford and it's inhabitants and their lives.  It is readable, but not something you can't put down.  This is good with three kids as I'm in no way neglecting them or my household duties to finish it, but this created a feeling of wasting my time (which is limited) by reading something not so worth reading. 

No comments: