Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Challenge

I was looking back over my blog from last year and my book list from then.  Last year I read 33 books.  I'm at 25 currently.  That leaves me with 8 books to read before 2011.  That would mean four in November and four in December.  I'm curious to see if I can do it, but to be practical, as I usually am, I don't see it happening.  There are so many other things to complete by Christmas, such as cards, pictures of the kids, Christmas shopping, making Christmas gifts, wrapping those gifts, etc.  So my challenge to myself is to read 5 more books, thus putting me at 30 books for the year.  I think this is a doable challenge.  I'll keep you posted.  And Mommy Meg, don't use this insider information to pull a fast one and zoom by me.  :)

1 comment:

Mommy Meg said...

don't worry, i think i'm still on book 21. My Antonia-a very good book, not difficult to read, it's just finding the time to sit & read that I struggle with. Far From the Madding Crowd is up next. last year i read 24, i think, so i only need to complete 4 more to meet last year's benchmark. i don't see it happening either. oh well.