Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Book 15-18: The Thursday Next Series

by Jasper Fforde

This was a reread of the first four books in the series: The Eyre Affair, Lost in a Good Book, The Well of Lost Plots, and Something Rotten.  I had to read these again to prepare to read the fifth book in the series.  I'm glad I did because they are so creative and imaginative.  I forgot how much they are just out there.  Sort of Science Fiction, with a little bit of drama and romance, and a ton of literary allusions.  I would love to have a list of all the books referenced in this series, and then use that as a guide to what to read next.  My favorites of the four books are The Eyre Affair because frankly Thursday enters the book Jane Eyre--just awesome!!  And I loved the twist at the end of Something Rotten, so that one is one of my top too.  I really just have to say that if you love to read and have read a lot of classics and modern literature that you would love this series.  You get to meet so many characters from books that you've read and loved.  Highly recommend this series! 

No comments: