Saturday, February 11, 2012

Book # 5: Heaven is For Real

by Todd Burpo

Incredible book!  It's about a four year old boy who "almost" died of an undiagnosed burst appendix.  He was in heaven for "3 minutes", but the things he saw were amazing.  I can't do the story justice as there are so many details, but seriously, this is one of those life changing books.  I am an Orthodox Christian, so it's not like I haven't discussed heaven before and what all that means, but something about having a four year old matter of factly discuss it, is truly amazing.  On another level, the whole hospitalization and roller coaster ride his parents went on is so relatable with what we have gone through with our son's diagnosis of infantile spasms that this book had me tearing up at times.  Just wow.  That's all I can say to having read this. 

No comments: