Saturday, May 14, 2011

Book # 4: Infantile Spasms

Diagnosis, Management, Prognosis
By James D. Frost Jr. and Richard A. Hrachovy

So the diagnosis of epilepsy for my son moved to infantile spasms about a month ago.  As a reader my instinct was to purchase this $80 book for amazon and read it cover to cover as quick as possible.  It's a textbook, thus the price.  It was readable especially after having read the other epilepsy books.  I will say that it is the ONLY recent book I've found online that talks anywhere indepth about infantile spasms.  If your child is diagnosed, I highly recommend it.  I know the neurologist seems shocked when he saw I had read it, but why wouldn't you want to know everything about the disorder your child has?  

And I will say this:  our son is doing way better after starting treatment.  I will keep you posted on that.

No comments: