Saturday, February 19, 2011

Book # 2: Epilepsy: Patient and Family Guide

by M.D. Orrin Devinsky

I know I said that I would read The Bible straight through first, and I am (almost through Numbers), but our seven month old son was recently diagnosed with Epilepsy, so my Bible reading was put on hold for some needed information. 

I ordered four books on Amazon.com that were recommended (one that wasn't) by our neurologists office.  This one was the most recently published, so I started here.  It had a lot of general information, which is just what I needed at this point.  I hope to read in more depth about brain function, epilepsy primarily in newborns, and specific types of seizures, so I will certainly be seeking more detailed books.  For a crash course though, this was a good read and very informative.  I'd recommend it to anyone faced with a new onset of epilepsy in their family. 

No comments: